UPCOMING LIVE PERFORMANCES
- Tue, Mar 28WDC TheaterRandy Rogers performs a private show on the Citgo Stage at Louisiana Grandstand. Attendance by invitation only.
- Fri, May 05WDC TheaterBrad Upton's "I'm Not Done Yet" Tour rolls into Shreveport, LA for a night of laughs and clean comedy!
- Fri, May 12WDC TheaterTanner Usrey debuts on the Citgo Stage at Louisiana Grandstand in the WDC Theater.
- Sat, May 13WDC TheaterWillie Watson, co-founder of Old Crow Medicine Show, debuts on the Citgo Stage at Louisiana Grandstand in the WDC Theater.
- Fri, May 19WDC TheaterNolan Taylor debuts on the Citgo Stage at Louisiana Grandstand in the WDC Theater.
- Sat, Jun 03WDC TheaterMike & The Moonpies take the Citgo Stage at Louisiana Grandstand in the WDC Theater.
- Sat, Jun 10WDC TheaterDiscovery Channel's "Moonshiners" Comedian Killer Beaz debuts at Louisiana Grandstand in Shreveport, LA for a night of laughs and clean comedy!
- Sat, Oct 14WDC TheaterThe Texas Original comedian William Lee Martin brings his Comedy Stampede Tour to the WDC Theater in Shreveport on October 14th!
Built in 1925
The WDC Theater is a historical landmark serving as the newest center for music in the Shreveport area.
The building was erected at the corner of Line Avenue & Margaret Place in the Highland/Stoner area just south of downtown. Originally built as the clubhouse for the Woman's Department Club, the house known as the "Lady on Line" was born of the successful suffrage movement. Prominent ladies in the community dedicated their time & effort to create a club focused on growing educational and equality opportunities for women in the area.
The WDC Theater holds boasting rights alongside the more famous Strand Theater in downtown as the two oldest theaters in current day Shreveport/Bossier. Today, the theater sits in almost pristine condition with an excellent space for an elevated - but intimate - musical and performance experience.